[vlc-devel] SoC DLNA UPnP Integration

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:42:08 CEST 2008

Hello :)

I've been selected to work on UPnP A/V integration in VLC media player
for this year's Google Summer of Code. I will implement some of these
specs: http://www.upnp.org/specs/av/ in VLC in order to enable it to be
discovered by UPnP devices and to stream data to them using VLC's native
media streaming capabilities. I will also fix UPnP services discovery
code.

I'm mentored by funman (\_o<) and I expect to have a huge big lot of fun
working with you all during this summer.

There will be some infos about the project and my progress here:
http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2008/UPnP

For those who don't know me yet, I'm hanging on videolan's IRC channel
on western european day (and often night) time as Mr_Mirsal, and I
(sometimes) blog here: http://mirsal.ennaime.free.fr

Cheers !