[vlc-devel] MPRIS Ruby Gem

Nicholas J Humfrey njh at aelius.com
Fri Apr 25 00:40:38 CEST 2008

Hello,

I have been working on a Ruby Gem to make it easy to control Media
Players using MPRIS. It uses ruby-dbus to do the hard work. It is very
much work in progress, but I have some documentation online here:

http://mpris.rubyforge.org/

I have found a few bugs in VLC as a result, including pausing freezing
the interface subsystem and a rounding error in setting the volume:
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/1559
https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/1561

Is MPRIS being using by anyone at the moment? I saw this bit of
python, is there anything else out there?

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/browser/extras/misc/mpris.py

Thanks,

nick.

ps. I bought mpris.org, so that it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.