[vlc-devel] Building an application on VLC

Gabriel TESSIER gabriel.tessier at logosapience.fr
Wed Apr 23 14:18:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

I try to use vlc in my application to add some video feature.
I see the "Build a GPL application using libvlc
<http://wiki.videolan.org/Libvlc>" section on the wiki and try the
different tutorials, but i always have the same error:

.\vlc\libvlc.h          33          error: `vlc_object_t' was not
declared in this scope

ligne 33 is :
extern int vlc_key_to_action (vlc_object_t *, const char *,

If somebody can tell me more about this error.

I use gnu gcc compiler 3.4.5 (mingw special) with code blocks EDI (svn
4977).

I just try an include whit my main page.cpp :

#include <windows.h>
#include <vlc/libvlc.h>

int main() {

   return 0;