[vlc-devel] Mouse event and stream output problems with libVLC / JVLC

Benjamin Boucher bboucher at tech.ausy.fr
Mon Apr 28 18:46:02 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am actually working on a project using the libVLC through the java
bindings (JVLC) to display some videos streams on a JAVA/Swing GUI and I
experience some difficulties :

1. I need to catch the mouse clicks on the GUI video display but JAVA
event listeners do not work on the video frame (I think that libvlc
consume the event before...).
So, my question is : Can I add an event listener on the VLC video frame
using JAVA, JVLC or directly the native libVLC ?
If not, I thought of hooking the windows DLL that manages mouse events
but I don't think it is a good solution.
Which other options do I have ? (recompile libVLC ?!)

2. The user should be able to start and stop recording each stream
independently by clicking on some buttons.
I tried with 4 streams and only 2 of 4 streams have been recorded and
videos playback stopped while I was recording.
To do this, I used somethink like this :

For each video stream :
  canvas[i] =  new
JVLCCanvas("--sout=#duplicate(dst=display,dst=std{mux=ts,access=file,dst=movierec_"+
i +".wmv}}""

canvas[] being the '/canvas/'s displayed on the GUI..

But like I said, only 2 of the 4 videos streams had been recorded and I
don't know why. Is there a limit number of output streams that libVLC
can handle ?

Cheers,