[vlc-devel] GSoC 2008: Panorama Viewing in VLC

Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov ploujj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:06:24 CEST 2008

Hi everyone,

I've been accepted to work on an interesting addition to VLC during
this year's Google Summer of Code.

My project sounds rather simple: just integrate the panorama viewing
functionality of an existing viewer FreePV
(http://freepv.sourceforge.net/) into VLC. You can see more details on
the project's wiki page:

http://wiki.videolan.org/SoC_2008/PanoramaViewing

>From a preliminary analysis, however, I can tell that I need to learn
a lot about the VLC architecture before understanding how to make
panorama viewing fit with and work in VLC. I began by reading all of
the available documentation on the wiki. Then I went hunting for more
VLC architecture information across the Internet and I found this:
http://clement.stenac.org/projects/videolan. I also noticed that
Geoffroy Couprie started to add more documentation to the wiki. I will
try to get involved with him on that task somehow. In the mean time, I
would greatly appreciate it if anyone could mention specific ideas and
pointers that can help me with the project in this thread.

If you would like to learn more about me you can browse my personal
website: http://plouj.com/

I'm excited to have the opportunity to contribute to the VLC development.

--
Michael Ploujnikov
http://plouj.com/