[vlc-devel] question about some translation

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Fri Aug 1 11:48:10 CEST 2008

Somewhere in the advanced options when opening a capture device
there is a dropdown menu for AM tuner mode. The tooltip says
"AM Tuner mode. Can be one of DEFAULT, TV, AM_RADIO, FM_RADIO or DSS."

My question is why are those names capitalized that way.
In the English dropdown menu version values are Default, TV, FM Radio,
Am Radio, DSS (i.e. they are written normally). Is there any reason for
keeping the tooltip in the AM_RADIO like form ? I don't know, maybe it
is useful for someone to see and remember that syntax for some
particular usage ?

Cristi