[vlc-devel] Proposal for Windows binary
jb at videolan.org
Tue Aug 5 04:03:02 CEST 2008
To reduce the windows binary size, I think we should use dlls for some
libs (the one that we reuse more than once and are big).
I suggest then:
- avcodec (used by avcodec and avformat plugins),
- xml2 (used by fontconfig and freetype and skins2),
- fontconfig (used by freetype and libass/libasa),
- freetype (used by skins2 and freetype plugin and libass/libasa) and
- gcrypt (used by gnutls, core, remoteOSD)
This is a bit a pain to maintain, but would down-size our vlc*.exe.
Other stuffs could be done too, but the gain would be minimal.
xtophe, do you agree?
More information about the vlc-devel