[vlc-devel] JVLC Interface not working all the time?

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 04:22:10 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I tried the sample http source and then went beyond that and found the MediaPlayer interface JVLC throws an exception and the -vvv option displays EOF for most sources (http, mms: ect) under Windows.

The good news is the vlc player for August 2nd does display video from those sources and I am using the same Dll's for the JVLC bindings.
Is there some option beyond the vlc plugins directory path I should consider? I added the http caching option of 1200 but no luck on getting the video to play. Is there some odd video size limitation since I was using larger/longer playing videos than the example the JVLC testing uses.

Thanks for any help.
-Tony