[vlc-devel] Registered for Trac but can not add tickets...

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Aug 8 20:04:41 CEST 2008

On 8 aug 2008, at 18:21, Tony Anecito wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am registered with VLC and JVLC Trac and I can view ticket reports
> but I see no menu item to create a Ticket. Rather than give feedback
> on this email list I would like to enter tickets. Perhaps when one
> registers for Trac it does not give Ticket Create permissions?
>
> Let me know what I need to do to create a ticket since I want to
> give feedback about defects (bugs) for the 0.9.0 release.

 From the frontpage of trac VLC ( http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ ):

"Note to users: Spammers have been targeting our VLC trac, forcing us
to disable creating and editing of Tickets for non validated accounts.
Please register first and then have your account validated by us. To
validate, please join #videolan on irc.freenode.net (or use the web
interface). It might take a while before we answer, and please keep in
mind that most of us are in European timezones."

And you were indeed not validated yet. I have added you to this
category and you should be able to file tickets for VLC now ( http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/newticket
  ).
I'm not an administrator for JVLC trac, so i can not validate you there.

DJ