[vlc-devel] Interesting issues with jvlc bindings and vlc libraries...

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 05:45:35 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I created two tickets tonight but my testing has convinced me that there is still some work to do on the new api for MediaPlayer. What is interesting is the new api has some of the same problems the old one did and the pieces of the old api (playlist) work just great but some of the old functionality was moved to the new MediaPlayer api or uses the old video class with an instance of the MediaPlayer passed to it for say fullscreen feature.

Here is the question for the vlc team. Is the MediaPlayer being used to play videos inside of vlc or the Playlist object? I can play all my videos just fine using playlist but only 30% or less work with MediaPlayer. I have tried debug mode on vlc.exe but I need a way to get a list of the options used by vlc so I can try a test to set the options in the VlcExample.java program to see if MediaPlayer will work for all examples I am using that work with playlist class.

Thanks,
-Tony