[vlc-devel] Codecs for JavaFX

Tony Anecito adanecito at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 16:46:56 CEST 2008

Hi All,

Thanks for all your hard effort on vlc/jvlc development. I am not sure of the interest but perhaps you might consider writing codecs for JavaFX? I have been told from the dev group 1.0 of JavaFX will have quite a few codecs and will run under Linux and Windows. I am thinking they will not have as many codecs as what has been developed for vlc or run on nearly as many platforms but they could probably use your help.

It might help you all since the project itself will handle the window and Linux core code?

The link to the project is:
http://javafx.com/

Just a thought considering the concern of supporting windows code and probably QT4 code as well. I am willing to setup a special login for video junkies in MyUniPortal and add a linux port (something I was thinking of working on next) and with the new capabilities of java 6U10 for performance and deployment it might be a good fit for vlc.

Regards,
-Tony