[vlc-devel] One week to 0.9.0 release

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Sat Aug 9 23:05:26 CEST 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:

> On 8 aug 2008, at 16:57, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> 	Hello,
>>
>> This reminder for those who forgot that the version 0.9.0 is to be
>> tagged
>> sometime during the week-end after this one.
>>
>> This leaves 7 days for you to submit bug fixes and translations
>> updates. After
>> that, you'll have to wait for the 0.9.1 release (no earlier than
>> October
>> unless there is a security/critical fix to be made). It also means
>> it's
>> pretty much too late for 0.9.0-test bug reports at this point, since
>> there is
>> no chance anyone will have time to address them.
>>
>> Looking forward to the 16th, best regards,
>
> I just hope we can make that.

I have to agree with Remi. Now that we are stable again, it's time to
release. We are on schedule and IMO none of the remaining issues are
really critical. (By critical I mean crash). Else, if you have a quick
fix for remaining issue we'll build a 0.9.0a. But issues that won't be
fixed next week, will take time to fix. That will probably be 0.9.1
time then.

VLC works fine here. Let's be humble toward our *ideal* goal. Don't
worry people have already been using vlc releases much less stable
than 0.9.0 :) So I guess they'll be happy with this one.

Pierre.