[vlc-devel] One week to 0.9.0 release

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sun Aug 10 19:07:55 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 02:02:52PM +0200, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote :

> On Aug 10, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Dennis van Amerongen wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps it's better to only tag/release win32 as source code for now
> > if we need to stick to the timed release and as mentioned do an item
> > in the NEWS asking for more win32 maintainers/developers.
>
> Well, I do agree here. We could perfectly release sooner or later for
> the different platform. But it seems that only vlc/Mac OS X is working
> well.
>
> Anyway there is not that much tickets left, and fixing them in a week
> should be feasible. We just need some developer interest here. If it
> takes more than a week to fix I guess this will takes forever to fix :(
>
> jb, what do you think?

Come on, I am not asking the moon, I am just asking ONE WEEK...

ONE F**CKING WEEK on a 2 year release, what is it going to change for
you?

We have let people wait for 2 years, so I just ask for a one week
polishing...

If you want to start hacking again, then branch it and I will take care
of the 0.9.0-branch and release...

Regards (or not)

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf