[vlc-devel] 0.9.0 missing all FFmpeg libraries on Linux

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 07:44:04 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to include FFmpeg library and I built the
vlc-0.9.0-test3 on linux. But the .vlc --list shown nothing about
following FFmpeg libraries, no libavcodec, no libavutil. That was why
the 0.9 vlc could  not play any audio and video. What was I missing?

$ pkg-config --list-all | grep FFmpeg
libavutil                libavutil - FFmpeg utility library
libavdevice              libavdevice - FFmpeg device handling library
libswscale               libswscale - FFmpeg image rescaling library
libpostproc              libpostproc - FFmpeg post processing library
libavcodec               libavcodec - FFmpeg codec library
libavformat              libavformat - FFmpeg container format library

BTW, calling "./vlc --list" now displayed color and bold fond on my
vim terminal, and changed my vim terminal to bold, It was annoying.
How can disable the color and bold fond?