[vlc-devel] Trying to port vlc for wince

Geoffroy Couprie geo.couprie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 12:16:41 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Rémi Denis-Courmont
<rdenis at simphalempin.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:08:29 +0530, "paramita kar" <kar.paramita at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> I am trying to port vlc player for windows CE5.0 on MIPSII processor
>> (Au1200
>> board) using embedded VC++.Can anybody please suggest which of the
> various
>> versions has the highest possibility of compiling and executing
>> successfully
>> on my device. Actually i had tried with 0.8.6i previously but was facing
>> lot of problems. Then i read on the forums that probably 0.8.4 will build
>> successfully. Any Ideas Anybody ??? Actually its quite urgent....

I'm porting vlc 0.9.0 on windows CE. It is not stable at the moment(so
you won't use it), but I can help you on problems I already
encountered.

> Visual Studio is the problem. Please a proper C compiler instead.

Look for something like mips-wince-pe with gcc.

IIRC, there's still an archive with an old version of vlc on Wince
somewhere on the videolan website. But I think it's an ARM version.