[vlc-devel] Last call for 0.9.0 bug fixes

Rémi Duraffort ivoire at via.ecp.fr
Sun Aug 24 14:38:08 CEST 2008

> > Tagging is not announcing. I fear an especially high download count, at an
> > especially inappropriate time (when the ECP campus is totally empty).
> > Therefore, I think we should wait for mirrors to pick up before we announce
> > the _binary_ releases at large.
>
> Oh well, it seems that even email has been moved out of the ECP.
Yes at the ECP we just have DNS servers (ns2 and ns3) and secondary MX
servers.
So having a realease with no ECP student is not a real problem.

If we wait for mirrors to pick up the binaries before announcing the
release is the fact that some other website will announces it before
use because a lot of servers backup our ftp often and announces the
release as soon as they find a new binary file.

--
ivoire | Rémi Duraffort