[vlc-devel] DVD Playback in 0.9.0 on OS X

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 25 22:59:56 CEST 2008

Hey guys,

I just noticed that yesterdays nightly build and my test3 build don't
play DVDs correctly on OS X. While the menu kind of works (we are
dropping frames here, which weren't dropped in 0.8.6i), when playing
the main movie, all I get is a black screen and the sound. Just a
normal, standard-DVD with libdvdnav access. Strangely, no "late video,
dropping frames" or similar warnings show. The messages log is
perfectly normal.
BTW: using the libdvdread access triggers the same problem, but even
sound isn't working there.

So, perhaps it's just this single DVD, but perhaps it's generic...
Could you guys re-check this before tagging 0.9.1?

Thanks a lot!

Felix,

who definitely needs to go to bed now...