[vlc-devel] commit: Revert "Win32: show the console (early) in debug builds" ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

hannes_b at gmx.at hannes_b at gmx.at
Tue Aug 26 22:14:46 CEST 2008

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le mardi 26 août 2008 18:19:13 git version control, vous avez écrit :
>> vlc | branch: master | Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> | Tue
>> Aug 26 18:20:19 2008 +0300| [113113d70b78fb453c3365e33f4242d3e6aa7726] |
>> committer: Rémi Denis-Courmont
>>
>> Revert "Win32: show the console (early) in debug builds"
>>
>> Claims that it breaks VLC. If that is the case, I have to beliebe the
>> Win32 port must have some really serious problem. By the way, this
>> commit was the only limited yet working way for me to debug on Win32.
>
> So first, I really wonder how Win32 can possibly be so broken that enabling
> the console can make it crash in wierd locations... sounds dubious.

it has a strange behavior at the open file dialog, when i open C:\cache where i have hundreds of media files, it first reads the folder and shows them but than they disappear in the view and only 1 folder called Lib is shown which is not in C:\cache when i click on Lib it opens C:\Python24\Lib maybe there is a relation? dont know because lack of know how.

> Third, I wonder how we are supposed to make a stable release when Windows
> users start testing and reporting only on the few days before the release...
> Nevermind that we announced the freeze 12 weeks ago, effective 10 weeks ago.

because i had the impression it was not welcome to report problems with the nightly builds as there are so many problems.

kind regards :)