[vlc-devel] Speex audio in .flv container

Steven Woolley woobert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 23:13:16 CEST 2008

Thanks!  Indeed, it doesn't appear to be able to be decoded!?!  I have no
clue what "extradata" is or would be?  Is that something associated with the
.ogg container or is it really something that we need to decode it?
(apparently it's not totally needed since the flash player itself can decode
the example file I gave and play it just fine)

Does anyone know if the www.speex.org codec needs this "extradata"?  Is
there some command that will just dump the audio frames as is to stdout so I
can pipe them to speexdec?

Ideally though it would be implemented in mencoder or ffmpeg (so I we can do
videos with audio in sync without using a other software).
Should I file another enhancement to overcome this "extradata" issue?
Steve