[vlc-devel] (no subject)

Giovannni lolostagno at yahoo.it
Wed Dec 3 21:18:55 CET 2008

HI

I’m Giovanni Stagno, a student at the University of Messina, Sicily- Italy.
I’m working on my graduation thesis that deals with video applications, in
particular with vlc application. The aim of my thesis is trying to intercept
the call system, through which the application enter a file of the
file-system, in order to modify it before it is sent in output. I’m working
on a computer with windows xp operative system. I’d need to know how vlc
application enter a file of the file system, that is which call system it
uses to do this operation. If it is possible I’d like to know the dll
module, imported from the application for this operation and the functions
recalled in it for the same operation. I've tried to download the vlc source
code to find the answers I need but I haven’t succeeded in it. I hope you
can help me solving my doubts. Otherwise, could you direct me to someone
else that has got the information I need?

Thank you for your attention

Yours faithfully

Giovanni Stagno

Checked by AVG.