[vlc-devel] request for new translation

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Wed Dec 10 00:02:10 CET 2008

Hello,

On Sat, Dec 06, 08 at 17:28 +0300, Ara Bextiyar wrote:
> I'm a native speaker of "Kurdish language - Sorani Dialect" and I would like
> to translate VLC media player to "Kurdish (Sorani)"

You can find the file there:
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/ckb.po

You can use poEdit or KBabel or a simple text editor to translate Make
sure that you use UTF-8 as encoding.

If you have question you can ask them on irc #videolan on
irc.freenode.net or on the mailing-list vlc-devel at videolan.org

When you have done a part of it you can send it to me or put it online
and send us the link.

There is a mailing list dedicated to translators. you can subscribe at
http://mailman.videolan.org/listinfo/translators

Also Ömer Ensari <oensari at gmail.com> has just started a translation in
Kurmanji. I don't know how close the kurdish language are but it could
be good to share the work with him/her.

Thanks

-- Xtophe