[vlc-devel] Fwd: Re: [vlc] bug in VLC 0.9x - crashing playback with streaming

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Wed Dec 10 07:35:28 CET 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [vlc] bug in VLC 0.9x - crashing playback with streaming
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:58:00 +0100
From: "Martin" <martin at volyne.cz>
To: Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org>

of course, my english is not good... but will not be better. Better can be
czech only :-) Lets go look for problems in VLC and not in my english :-)

Once again:

I am using VLC for streaming movies from PC to Dreambox ( Dreambox =
satellite receiver with Linux) with Movieplayer plugin. Understand ?

Movieplayer-plugin sending for each playback of file the commands ( with
GET
/?control= ...):  stop, empty, sout, add&mrl, play. Understand ?

With v. 0.9.x there are problem - first two files are played wel. If begin
3rd file, then on command "play" VLC crashing always.

If I tried add more files into playlist and then streaming this files, then
on 3rd file VLC crashing too.

If I am trying all same without "sout" ( =  files arent streamed and are
played on PC only), all works well => problem will be some in streaming
more
files.

M.