[vlc-devel] VLC player in background - not working correct

Mario und Martina Müller mario_martina.mueller at t-online.de
Tue Dec 23 23:45:54 CET 2008

hi,

i am new in developing with VLC and i have a problem with overlapping of the vlc and own pictures in the same App.
i created a small application wich plays streams in c++ under windows xp.
the vlc media player is added into my application with:
 libvlc_media_player_set_drawable (mp, (libvlc_drawable_t)hwnd, &ex);

thats working fine ;-)

i created another window (as child of the Main-window) which should show pictures from the HDD. these pictures should be in the foreground of the vlc player.
i use SetForegroundWindow(hwnd_child); in the MessageLoop but it is not working correct. Sometimes the VLC-Video is in foreground and not the picture.

do you have any ideas how i can overlay pictures over the vlc-player in my app?

Thank you very much
Best regards,
Mario