[vlc-devel] dynamicoverlay SetTextColor incorrectly sets color

Doug West mdwest at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 03:53:47 CET 2008

The video filter dynamicoverlay function SetTextColor does not appear to set
the colors properly. However, if you edit the file
dynamicoverlay_commands.c, and change line 272 from:

p_params->fontstyle.i_font_color = (r<<24) | (g<<16) | (b<<8);

to:

p_params->fontstyle.i_font_color = (r<<16) | (g<<8) | b;

The colors appear to set properly.

I don't know if this is what should be done to correct the problem I saw, or
I just didn't understand how to use the SetTextColor function properly. But,
since this worked for me and the way I thought SetTextColor should work, I
thought I'd pass the information along.