[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r24714 (jpsaman)

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Fri Feb 1 13:30:02 CET 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:55:45 +0300, Pavlov Konstantin <thresh at altlinux.ru>
wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:51:33PM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008, Subversion daemon wrote :
>> > r24714 | jpsaman | 2008-01-31 15:54:04 +0100 (Thu, 31 Jan 2008) | 2
> lines
>> > Changed paths:
>> >    M /trunk/modules/gui/qt4/components/simple_preferences.cpp
>> >
>> > Disable broken code, please compile before you checkin
>> I can't compile with every options you don't want in your configure,
>> sorry.
>>
>> --enable-vlm
>> --enable-update-check
>> --enable-sout
>>
>> at least.
>
> If those are "least-needed" for QT4 we should either:
> a/ enable them when qt4 is enabled
> b/ remove the switches from configure to disable this stuff
>
> the latter being bad for embedded, i assume.

Non sense. Linux distros disable the update check, and people who care
about gcrypt thread safety too. Yet they may well want to have Qt4. And
then some people want a plain media player without stream output (so users
can't record^W^Wdon't get confused by too many options).

Hence Qt4 needs to be buildable without update checks, VLM and/or sout.

http://www.remlab.net