[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r24876 (pdherbemont)

Pierre d'Herbemont pdherbemont at free.fr
Tue Feb 5 13:20:56 CET 2008

On Feb 5, 2008, at 8:24 AM, Remi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> On Tue,  5 Feb 2008 01:18:01 +0100 (CET), Subversion daemon
> <svn at videolan.org> wrote:
>> r24876 | pdherbemont | 2008-02-05 01:18:01 +0100 (Tue, 05 Feb 2008)
>> | 7
>> lines
>> Changed paths:
>>   M /trunk/extras/buildsystem/cmake/config.h.cmake
>>   M /trunk/extras/buildsystem/cmake/include/FindDlopen.cmake
>>   M /trunk/extras/buildsystem/cmake/include/config.cmake
>>
>> cmake:
>> * Don't use dyld functions on darwin by default as they are
>> deprecated.
>> * Defines HAVE_DYNAMIC_MODULES, and add an entry in the options for
>> it.
>> * Fix config.h generation (was accidentaly removed).
>> * Fix FindDlopen.cmake
>> This produce a working in tree vlc AND an installable vlc at the same
>> time.
>
> Writing to the source tree is only allowed if the content is
> independent of
> the target. This should work for revision.c or for .mo files, but it
> definitely does NOT work for config.h.

Works fine here for config.h (I think thats what you expect?):

$ cd vlc-trunk
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ rm -f ../CMakeCache.txt
$ cmake ..
[...]
$ ls include/config.h
config.h
$ pwd
/Users/steg/Documents/src/vlc-trunkthird/build

We could also change where revision.c builtin.h and vlc_about.h are
generated (currently in the source tree, we could move that to the
build tree). I'll try to do that ASAP.

Pierre.