[vlc-devel] feature request: read GTS files from R&S

Guillaume Audirac guillaume.audirac at nxp.com
Mon Feb 4 18:15:22 CET 2008

Hello,

I am facing a new stream file format: GTS type, a proprietary format from
Rohde & Schwarz (equipment manufacturer).
This format can be compared to a usual TRP file (188 bytes packets) with
some additions: text headers at the beginning and packet counter (8 bytes)
leading to packets of 196 bytes (188+8).
I succeeded in converting the GTS file into TRP file (readable by VLC)
thanks to a Python script (attached). However, it would be great to have
the GTS files directly readable by VLC.
If possible, I can also provide streams in GTS format.

Thanks,
Best regards,
Guillaume Audirac