[vlc-devel] Ticket 493 resolved - Multichannel AAC working now(hopefully)

Andre Weber WeberAndre at gmx.de
Sun Feb 10 16:41:36 CET 2008

Hi,

I'am trying to approve that your patch is right - could you give me a few informations
about your test AAC ... which channel order has this file?

it would be ok to get the content of "pi_chan_positions" array in your case... so
that I can see if my idea what I have found is right for this case... because
I think your patch is right, because of the algorithm implemented couldn't
work ... if you would like to try something else?
replace the complete loopcode inside channel reordering with:

    /* Find the channels mapping */
    j = 0;
    for( i = 0; i < MAX_CHANNEL_POSITIONS; i++ )
    {
       for( k = 0; k < i_nb_channels; k++ )
        {
            if( pi_channels_ordered[i] == pi_chan_positions[k] )
            {
                pi_chan_table[k] = j++;
                break;
            }
        }
    }
   /* Do the actual reordering */

and  look if the content if pi_chan_table results into the same, like if it
is done with your code?

André

--------
atmo