[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r25020 (courmisch)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Sat Feb 9 22:52:39 CET 2008

Le Saturday 09 February 2008 23:41:42 Tony Anecito, vous avez écrit :
> Even though I put in a hack that is now confirmed by
> other people testing fixes the video freeze problem
> for them I am trying to understand if there is some
> more things I should look into to help out since I can
> hopefully debug this issue.

vlc_object_waitpipe() and vlc_object_kill() are obvious suspects.

> It seems as if once the pollin is set for the
> fd[1].revents the code stays stuck in that state
> forever.

It may very well be that whatever calls net_Read() fails to check b_die or
vlc_object_alive(), and keeps retrying to net_Read() even though it should
actually be terminating. That would be caller-specific though,

> Where should I start to look to find out why it stays
> stuck in that state so I can help with this error?

It stays stuck in this interrupted state if the caller fails to handle the
interruption, i.e. fails to terminate.

> Seems like elsewhere in the VLC code the fd from the
> waitpipe should change state so the reading of the
> video stream (file actually) can continue to the end.

If the waitpipe is readable, the object has been vlc_object_kill()'d, so it
should definitely NOT continue to the end.

http://www.remlab.net/