[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r25020 (courmisch), waitpipe

techfreak smile4you at gmx.ch
Wed Feb 13 22:06:26 CET 2008

Hi Rémi

I looked at your waitpipe for windows implementation from revision 23910
(pipe in objects.c) and made some tests.

The two loopback sockets are visible with "netstat" command, one in
state CLOSE_WAIT and the other in state FIN_WAIT_2.

When the polling of my socket is  interrupted, only the socket in
CLOSE_WAIT is still there, the other in state FIN_WAIT_2 disappears. It
looks like windos closed it by a timeout.
(The polling is always interrupted after about 120 seconds, I found that
this is the default FIN_WAIT_2 timeout in windows.)

I removed the two lines with shutdown and now it works fine for me. The
polling is then no longer interrupted.

What do you think about?

Regards, Matthias