[vlc-devel] [videolan] New server: skanda.videolan.org

Joël Lopes Da Silva lejo at via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 15 01:06:30 CET 2008

Hi!

On Thursday, February 14th 2008 at 07:59:27, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> PLEASE FIX THE MAILING LISTS.
>
> I am receiving every emails TWICE, and it appears I am not the only one. It's
> the second or third time this happens in a year, and I cannot say I am very
> happy about it.

I think this problem is fixed. Apparently, the configuration for
mailing-lists was not good on our backups, that's why jb had to modify
manually the mailing-list's configuration. I did my best to restore
correct archives. Not so easy in fact with so many recent migrations.

I didn't know that most of you used the same trick we used to do with
ecartis in order to be able to post with two different e-mail addresses
in a closed-post mailing-list. There is a better way to do this with
mailman: put the other addresses in the Sender Filters, next to the
comment "List of non-member addresses whose postings should be
automatically accepted."

Besides, let me tell you that I am very pleased to help the VideoLAN
project, but honestly, I think you should not be so rude with people who
just want to help.

See ya!

--
Joël Lopes Da Silva > LeJo <