[vlc-devel] JVLC issue

Diego Sanchez Gallo dsgallo at larc.usp.br
Fri Feb 15 21:55:08 CET 2008

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your answer!

Just two questions regarding your answer ;-)...
1. The windows version that is available for download on jvlc site (linked
to http://jvlc.ihack.it/releases/jvlc-0.9.0-20070310-win32.zip) is the
0.9.0beta you refer right?
2. The problem that you said no longer exists is about the instantiation of
JVLC passing no arguments causing an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in the JVM
or about the "jvlc hardware yuv directx output" that opens with the video
when I try to play any video inside my GUI? Cause my biggest issue is the
video oppening in this new window...

And another question/issue...
I tried again to download the last windows "version" from the jvlc site and
when I'm trying to run the VLCExample (after modifying it to get an existent
.avi file), the video disapear just after being started and I got the
following "error" (running with the -v option):

[00000311] avi private warning: unknown chunk (not loaded)
Compiler did not align stack variables. Libavcodec has been miscompiled
and may be very slow or crash. This is not a bug in libavcodec,
but in the compiler. Do not report crashes to FFmpeg developers.
[00000312] avi demuxer warning: cannot skip packet, track disabled

Is this any problem with the jvlc-0.9.0-20070310-win32 version (the only
available right now for win in the website) or something is wrong with my
environment/machine/something else?

I've looked for these issues in many forums but I couldn't find any
solution... only people with the same issues =(

Thanks for the help!
Diego