[vlc-devel] Control-Keys

Johannes Buchner buchner.johannes at gmx.at
Sat Feb 16 11:55:39 CET 2008

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:56:54 +0100
Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:

> Johannes Buchner wrote:
> > Hi VLC developers!
> >
> > I would really like a shortcut for zooming to half/original/double size.
> >
> > For example, totem has
> > 1:2 - Key 0
> > 1:1 - Key 1
> > 2:1 - Key 2
> >
> > Other players might have Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2 and so on.
> >
> > I find it useful if I don't have to go through the menu everytime after
> > starting a movie, as I like to work next to watching, thus not
> > fullscreen.
> >
> > Anyway, I haven't looked much into the VLC codebase, but attached is
> > a patch on how this might look like (for the wxwidgets frontend).
> > It is diffed against the vlc-0.8.6d release.
> >
> > Thanks for considering,
> > Johannes
>
> This is the wrong approach since keys are changeable by users. I suggest
> to use the hotkey mechanism for this. Make the necessary changes in:
> include/vlc_keys.h, src/libvlc-module.c and modules/control/hotkeys.c
>
> Gtz
> Jean-Paul Saman.

Is the current hotkey somehow reflected in the interface? As far as I
see not, the module just does the work (accepts the keys). Exit has
Ctrl-X where in the hotkeys I have Ctrl-Q (both work). E.g. on the
"Stop" button the title "Stop (s)" would be appropriate.

However, for me this is way too complicated to change.

Thanks for the pointers to the files! I will look into it.

Johannes.