[vlc-devel] Switching to git

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 16 21:48:29 CET 2008

Question --
Does git actually work in a Windows (Cygwin) environment?
I've seen negative things.

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_(software)

"Examples of projects that have publicly ruled out any use of Git, due to
Git's poor support of Windows, include Mozilla[54] and Ruby.[55]"

I know that you Linux folks do the majority of the heavy lifting, the vast
majority, but do you really want to actively push away Windows people?