[vlc-devel] ActiveX: failed to load DLL

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Wed Feb 20 11:29:37 CET 2008

libvlc.dll is linked at build time, which means that LoadLibrary() is
performed automatically by windows when axvlc.dll loads.

regarding your problem, they are 2 issues you need to consider when
using LoadLibrary(TEXT("ABC.dll"))

- ABC.dll cannot be found because it is not reachable from PATH or
isn't in the same directory as loader (.i.e AXVLC.DLL)
- ABC.dll has external dependencies (i.e it needs to load DLLs itself)
which cannot be found

you will need to examine the error from GetLastError() to find out
what happenned.

Damien