[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r25193 (xtophe)

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Wed Feb 20 21:35:47 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 08 at 08:59 +0100, Remi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> > PulseAudio output module. Thanks to Martin Hamrle. Closes #1215
>
> I suppose that's triggered by Ubuntu switch to PulseAudio??
No. I remember creating the "enhancement" ticket after reading about
PulseAudio on a random geek website. And lool also experienced segfault
with vlc->alsa->pulseaudio but i haven't been able to reproduce.

And then someone added a patch to the ticket and considering fedora have
already switch to PA, I thought it was good to commit it to give it
exposure and test it.

> Out of curiosity, does this provide anything that cannot already be done
> using PulseAudio through ALSA?

Pulse can do some stuff like remembering the level per app that i'm not
sure alsa can do. but i'm not an audio expert

--
Xtophe