[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r25242 (damienf)

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Thu Feb 21 16:12:37 CET 2008

I already use --plugin-path to pass the plugin path from the registry
setting, argv[0] allows a user to override that path and provides more
flexibility for deploying VLC.

I didn't design this. Since day 1, vlc leverages that feature as the
path in argv[0] is added to the plugin search path. removing this is a
mistake, as you may break shell scripts, etc...

this can be easily hidden away in bindings.

there are way bigger hacks in POSIX than this, take errno, for
example ;)

Damien