[vlc-devel] Fosdem meeting

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Tue Feb 26 00:12:05 CET 2008

This is a Small Summary of the decisions taken at the meeting during FOSDEM.

0) Agenda
=========
We decided what to talk about during the meeting

1) Git
=======
The transition from SVN to Git hasn't meet any actual opponent, therefore:
 - We will switch to Git on March 1st. No commits will be accepted on SVN.
 - We will keep trac and use the trac-Git extension.
 - We will try to have a SVN read-only if possible.

2) Trunk Roadmap
================
We talked about the major issues with the trunk.

What was decided is that:
 - We will Freeze during the migration to Git
 - We will fix the following CRITICAL issues:
      * Qt Interface (jb, ivoire)
      * Security policy mess (damienf ?)
      * Crop (dionoea, jpsaman)
      * Command line autosave (funman)
 - We then will release a Technology Preview (TP) of 0.9.0
      * Publicity of it, with a skin contest and the skin-designer
 - Normal release cycle.

Important issues to fix:
 - FLV streaming (thresh ? Trax? ILEoo ?)
 - Mozilla toolbar (jpsaman)
 - Buffering patches

3) Younglings work
==================
  - J-Peg works on the Subtitles auto-download and tries to include it, before TP
  - ivoire works SDL Vout, update and Qt
  - phytos works on a bookmarks saving patch and tries to include it before TP
  - LeJo, jpountz will work on VLC very soon.

4) CMake
========
Until everything works perfectly... No move.

5) Documentation
Remii raised the bad documentation problem.
We still welcome patch for documentation, but will not force commits
to have documentation...

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/