[vlc-devel] libvlc_MediaInstanceReachedEnd called twice

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 16:32:40 CET 2008

Hi Pierre,

Many thanks for looking into this! And you are very polite in saying
'nice work around' :-) I felt it was more a kludge that could backfire
anytime! :-) Glad you had some time to fix it at the source. Your
changes haven't made it in last night build, I will check and test
them tomorrow.

BTW, I figured out why I had problems starting a new play from inside
my MediaInstanceReachedEnd callback: It works well the first time the
callback is called not for the second time.

As for my testapp I can surely extratct some code that may be of help
in writting testapi.c. There may even be more than only testing this
that could be of use in there. But my code relies on Windows
GetProcAddress to obtain entry points in libvlc-control.dll. Not what
you'd want to do in testapi.c.

But I would be glad to help in writting part of testapi.c when you
start that work. The least I can do. I could take care of the tests
for the libvlc-control API I am familiar with. If you give me a few
guidelines in how you want to organise things I'll add as much as I
can. Let me know.

Jacques Boileau

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2008, at 8:41 PM, jboileau wrote:
>
> > Hum... Looking at the code in media_instance.c in the function
> > input_state_changed where the event is sent from, I can see that the u
> > member of the event struct is left uninitialized (I think it should at
> > least get initialized to 0). It is then not a good idea to rely on an
> > uninitialized variable to discern between the two times the event is
> > triggered. The best I can do is ignore every other
> > libvlc_MediaInstanceReachedEnd event. Something like:
>
> I have committed something that may help you.
>
> Hope this helps :)
>

> Pierre.

Jacques Boileau