[vlc-devel] New LIVE555 version - should eliminate most "live*patch"s
finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 4 11:22:13 CET 2008
The latest version (2008.01.04) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code
should make most of VLC's "live*patch" files unnecessary, which
should simplify the VLC build process.
- "live.patch" should no longer be necessary. (The timeout in
"RTSPClient.cpp" has been increased to 30s.)
- The support for setting/accessing RTSP session start times - as
imnplemented by the "live-starttime.patch" file, has now been
included in the software release - so "live-starttime.patch" is no
- A new configuration file "config.armeb-uclibc" has been added.
Also, "USE_SYSTEM_RANDOM" (use the system-supplied "random()" and
"srandom()" functions) is now the default behavior. This eliminates
the need for "live-config.patch".
- "config.macosx" has been updated to add "$(EXTRA_LDFLAGS)" to the
"COMPILE_OPTS =" line. This eliminates the need for
"live-osx.patch". (The other part of that patch should be
unnecessary, as it is already done by "live-noapps.patch" (which
- "config.mingw" has been updated, making "livedotcom-win32.patch" unnecessary.
So, in summary, with the latest release of the LIVE555 code,
"live-noapps.patch" is the only "live*patch" file that should remain
Live Networks, Inc.
More information about the vlc-devel