[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r24090 (ileoo)

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sat Jan 5 17:18:11 CET 2008

Ilkka Ollakka wrote:
> On pe  4. tammikuuta 2008 21:05:15, Subversion daemon wrote:
>> r24090 | ileoo | 2008-01-04 21:05:15 +0100 (Fri, 04 Jan 2008) | 6 lines
>> Changed paths:
>>    M /trunk/modules/packetizer/h264.c
>>
>> remove b_header in packetizer so sps/pps are send with every keyframe,
>> shouldn't break anything (tested on mp4/ts files, rtp stream and http/ts
>> stream). Files play correctly and MP4Box/ffmpeg recognize them
>> correctly. should fix #1384
>>

> basicly this one reverts https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/changeset/17122
> and seems to work with ffmpeg r11353

I guess there was a particular reason why this commit was made in the
first place. Reverting it could have some side effects you and I do not
know. Could you ask thedj why this commit was made in the first place?

Another approach could be to add a user variable (add_bool()) to the
module to turn the behaviour on and off. Make it default to send SPS/PPS
header at every keyframe.

Gtz
Jean-Paul Saman.