[vlc-devel] Need some sample code to fill a picture_t struct

techfreak smile4you at gmx.ch
Sat Jan 5 17:24:27 CET 2008

Hello @ all

I'm new here in the list.

As I wrote already in the forum, I'd like to add a VNC client to VLC as
a video filter.
(http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=43232&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)

This is to use VLC as streaming client for a server that streams the
video over the net and offers the corresponding OnScreen Menu on VNC
protocol. (VDR with ffnetdev plugin).

I think a good base to do this is the code of the "logo" video-filter,
but fill the data in p_pic (picture_t struct) with VNC informations
instead of the contents of the picture file.

Now I have two questions:

1) Can someone provide me some lines of sample code that fills a
pichture_t struct hardcoded with some hardcoded pixels with different
hardcoded colors?

2) What classes and functions should I use to open a TCP-Socket to VNC?

Best regards

Matthias (techfreak in forum)