[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r24120 (dionoea)

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Sun Jan 6 18:55:52 CET 2008

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008, Dennis Lou wrote:
> Perhaps, but that still doesn't address the fact that MPEG params is
> stuff you'd want to change pre-stream rather than mid-stream, Ext Ctrls
> tab goes away before open and after close, and a bazillion
> --v4l2-mpeg-option-foo flags in the CLI's longhelp isn't very attractive
> (to me, anyway).

That's something I wanted to address too (device configuration before
open). The direct show module on Windows used to (in the wx interface)
and maybe does (in the Qt interface) have callbacks to help build the
open dialog depending on what devices were available and what options
this device supported/advertised. I've been thinking about doing the
same for the v4l2 open dialog in the Qt interface. I'll try to start
coding something like that next week. That would solve the issue of
configuration through the GUI. We'd still need the bazillion command
line options, but I doubt we can find a work arround to that.

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea