[vlc-devel] libiconv error on Mac OS X 10.4 in latest nightlies

Dave Still dave at stilldesigning.com
Mon Jan 7 21:08:17 CET 2008

I'm getting an iconv version error when I try to run clivlc on my
MacBook Pro:

$ /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/clivlc ~/Movies/uftrailer.mpg
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
   Referenced from: /Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/clivlc
   Reason: Incompatible library version: clivlc requires version
7.0.0 or later, but libiconv.2.dylib provides version 5.0.0
Trace/BPT trap

This is from the latest Mac OS X Intel nightly build from Jan 4,
2008.  My initial guess would be that this was compiled on Leopard
(10.5) and that the newer version of libiconv is only available
there, though I don't have a Leopard machine to confirm.  If this is
the case, is support for 10.4 being dropped, or is this just a glitch
in the compile setup?

Thanks,
- Dave

--