[vlc-devel] Debug vlc on Mac OSX

listenforum at mac.com listenforum at mac.com
Wed Jan 9 22:31:13 CET 2008

Hi.

I notice that playlist sometime isn't ordered by filename when I
select some movie files and run VLC player using 'Open with...'
command from Finder.
Because I have an interest in open source activity, I decided to debug
it on my own, but I have a problem with debugging vlc on both gdb and
XCode.

VLC prints out a message such as 'signal 1 received, terminating vlc -
do it again in case it gets stuck' and stop execution, when I click
'Browse' button on open file dialog. For more information, please look
an attached file named gdb.txt

It also prints out the same message to debug console window, and stops
execution whenever I set or delete a breakpoint to any source files of
VLC on XCode. I attached a file name xcode.txt, also.

How can I debug VLC with gdb or XCode?
Please, give me a help.

Regard
Chan-gu Lee.