[vlc-devel] QT4 size issue patches for windows

Andre Weber WeberAndre at gmx.de
Fri Jan 11 21:19:04 CET 2008

Hello,

so far I hope I have found all? most? of QSize objects and tested them with isValid() before
sending them to QSettings for saving, or use them to resize... or do not just load them from
settings.

For Linux my patches shouldn't change anything I hope - for win32 the result of patches
will be (mostly?) that only the position of the windows gets restored - but not the size.
-- until we find the real reason - why the ::size() method returns invalid QSize() objects
on windows.

on windows we have the effect that it happens that you get "giant" width dialogs -
if you watch the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\vlc\vlc-qt-interface\MainWindow
(this key is written by the QSettings object)

and there the value size -- you can see after first save
1. @Size(-98447 1)
2. @Size(4353 1)
every time you close VLC without moveing resizing the window you can random values
there - the problem is that normaly QT checks the QSize before it is used the first one
is invalid -- the 2. has become valid -- and would be applied!! with terrible effects

with best regards

André