[vlc-devel] Compiling VLC gets build errors on Tiger, Intel Mac.

listenforum at mac.com listenforum at mac.com
Sat Jan 12 21:36:59 CET 2008

Hi.
I encountered some problem with debugging VLC on Leopard, so I decided
to do it again on Tiger.

However, when I tried to build VLC on tiger, there are some build
errors. Building ffmepg isn't possible because it produced build
errors related to mmx and sse features even on Tiger just like
Leopard. In my opinion, we need to make ffmpeg build with disable-mmx
option. Here is a patch, an attached file named
"patch_for_Makefile.patch", for extras/contrib/src/Makefile.

When building VLC, I must use an option, 'CFLGAS=-std=gnu99 OBJC=gcc
OBJCFLAGS=-std=gnu99', or building VLC failed because of a lots of
build errors. In this case, I don't have any patch for it.

Finally, as I mentioned before, it isn't possible to use gdb or XCode3
for debugging VLC on Leopard. VLC running on gdb produces unexpected
SIGHUP, and breakpoints don't work at all. On Tiger, there are no
problems, however.

Regards.
Chan-gu Lee.