[vlc-devel] Playlist item options security et al

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Sun Jan 13 20:11:07 CET 2008

Le Sun, 13 Jan 2008 20:55:47 +0200,
Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> a écrit :

> Le Sunday 13 January 2008 20:39:44 Rafaël Carré, vous avez écrit :
> > Le Tue, 25 Dec 2007 12:53:50 +0200,
> >
> > Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org> a écrit :
> > > It would be fairly easy to add a safe flag inside the per-plugin
> > > configuration rather than in a centralized list. I believe this
> > > does not create any extra problem, since any activated plugin has
> > > full control over the process when invoked anyway.
> >
> > And how do we access that flag when we only know the variable name,
> > by browsing all the modules to find it ?
>
> I don't understand the problem. We already have the infrastructure in
> the modules and configuration items code.

Then I don't know how to use them.

The functions that need to be changed are __var_OptionParse() in
src/misc/variables.c , parseOptions() in mozilla/control/npolibvlc.cpp
and some other in activex i think (i didn't check).

And I don't know how to find the corresponding module_config_t (which
holds the b_safe flag) from a const char* (which is the option name).

--
Rafaël Carré