[vlc-devel] vlc: svn commit r24342 (funman)

Rafaël Carré funman at videolan.org
Wed Jan 16 18:52:00 CET 2008

Le Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:43:05 +0200,
Rémi Denis-Courmont <rdenis at simphalempin.com> a écrit :

> Le Wednesday 16 January 2008 19:36:14 Subversion daemon, vous avez
> écrit :
>
> > input options whitelisting, step 2 (refs #1371)
>
> What the hell is that? The whole point of WHITElisting is NOT TO do
> it automatically. I only looked at two examples, and both already
> looked wrong. URL lists should not know about my ALSA or DVB devices,
> hence they should not configure them either.
>
> VLC development is NOT about being a sed god.

I did not use sed, but my eyes and fingers.

DVB & ALSA devices can be changed in a .m3u , and so keeping a set of
options constant for any file, or list of file.

Ok it MAY look wrong at first sight, but please come with a REAL
failure example.

Feel free to review this whole commit (and the previous in
libvlc-module.c), one folder at a time if you want.

***

Note that I didn't look at interfaces (since they can't be launched
by an input) and "sout*" & stream_output/ .

--
Rafaël Carré