[vlc-devel] net_Select() replacement is require

Rémi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Wed Jan 16 21:52:41 CET 2008

Le Wednesday 16 January 2008 22:45:43 Justin Oh, vous avez écrit :
> My vlc module is depending on net_Select() for waiting multiple sockets.
> Is there any replacement function for this? or any suggestion?

net_Select() was ill-defined, as it was impossible to know which socket the
data was received from, and what the sender socket address was for
unconnected sockets. It was also misbehaving in error cases.

As it was only ever used by the SAP plugin which has now been converted to a
proper poll() loop, it's been withdrawn.

http://www.remlab.net/